Why choose a plastic container? And above all, why choose this type of container? Plastic is a preferred material for packaging, transporting and storing various products. The advantages are numerous: lightness and solidity, long life, better hygiene conditions, high level of product safety… Depending on the nature and type of the product to be packaged, but also taking into account its volume, it is advisable to choose the appropriate storage solution.
Plastic containers for products from 820 to 1000 L
Whether fixed or collapsible, plastic containers are used to package chemicals, flammable liquids or foodstuffs. The required density must be less than or equal to 1.9 for the latter.
– The plastic container has a capacity of 1000 litres:
The manufacturing process for these types of containers generally complies with extrusion blow moulding techniques. The HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) inner container offers better resistance to ultraviolet rays. The protective cage made of rolled steel wire is often reinforced with an epoxy polyester envelope. Most plastic containers are equipped with filling holes. They also have a low outlet equipped with either a built-in flap valve or a screw-in plug valve. Depending on the specific requirements for traceability marking, this can be carried out in several forms according to the desired indications to be mentioned (date of manufacture, product reference, approval marking by a qualified body, service recycling logo, etc.).
– The plastic container of less than 1000 litres:
This type of container meets exactly the requirements for use in explosive zones 1 and 2. Plastic containers for flammable liquids of group IIA and IIB guarantee better protection against explosion risks. Their HDPE inner container stabilises ultraviolet radiation and can be fitted with an integral light protection accessory. The handling of these plastic containers, however, requires the adoption of a number of safety instructions to prevent the risk of accidents in the workplace. Among these instructions are: grounding the IBC container during filling and emptying, visit www.nanolike.com/ for more.
Why opt for plastic containers
– Improved logistics management: folding plastic containers allow for space savings of 50 to 60%. Optimized space management by empty storage is also possible. The space requirement can be reduced by 1/2 or 1/3, for an optimal reduction of transport costs.
– Optimum safety: they guarantee maximum stability during transport or stacking thanks to the foot gauges and the cross members predisposed in the open container and in the folded walls.
– Expandable capacity: plastic containers allow a volume gain of between 5 and 10%.
– Improved hygiene and cleanliness: Plastic containers effectively ensure the complete preservation of delicate products, as they do not have sharp edges. Easy to clean, these containers do not accumulate water and guarantee a good hygienic condition.
– Robustness: their solid design makes these containers practical to use when handling with pallet trucks or forklift trucks.
– Ease of use: on the practical side, the plastic containers are also easy to open and close for a better condition of use.
– A totally eco-responsible product: entirely recycled, HDPE containers do not contain any metal parts or substances likely to harm the environment. Each part is easily replaceable in the event of breakage, without the need for specific tools.
The different types of plastic pallet boxes
Just like plastic containers, box pallets can be divided into two main types:
Fixed plastic pallet boxes:
This category includes: smooth-walled palletboxes, hygienic palletboxes and maxi palletboxes. Smooth-walled pallet boxes offer a good resistance capacity. Their smooth inner walls make them easy to empty. Hygienic palletboxes, on the other hand, reduce the risk of microbial and dirt build-up due to the relatively small number of edges and grooves. Maxi palletboxes have a much higher storage capacity than vertical-wall containers.
Foldable plastic pallet boxes:
Foldable plastic palletboxes include palletboxes with a smooth inner box and heavy-duty hygienic smart-boxes. Palletboxes with a smooth interior are more resistant to shocks and remain relatively insensitive to soiling. They generally have a load capacity of 4125 kg. The hygienic smart boxes, on the other hand, reduce unevenness: no empty spaces, just a minimum of fully hygienic ribs. They can withstand a load capacity of between 1000 and 5000 kg per box in a battery for long-term use.
They remain by far the ideal storage solution, indispensable for the packaging of solid or liquid materials, whether foodstuffs or chemicals. Plastic drums offer a storage capacity of 30 to 225 litres. They can be classified into two main types:
– Plastic bunghole drums: they are ideal for containing liquid and viscous products from different branches of industry (chemical, petrochemical, food processing, etc.). Plastic drums with 60-litre bungs allow the transport of dangerous solid products with a density of 1.5 at the most. The 120 litre plastic bunghole drums allow the transport and storage of dangerous liquid or viscous products with a density less than or equal to 1.9. Plastic drums of 220 to 225 litres allow the transport and packaging of dangerous substances with a density less than or equal to 1.9.
– Full-opening plastic drums: useful for the packaging of chemical or food products, plastic drums may be used for the transport of harmful products depending on their level of approval (from “Group I” for a maximum gross mass of 215 to 265 kg and “Group II” for a maximum gross mass limited to 320 kg).